Greenville, South Carolina - If you ever wanted to learn about using the web and its possible services for your chapter then we have a training series for you. NPHC of Greater Greenville is sponsoring a Spring series of sessions for its members to better utilize the internet. Attendees will learn to better market their chapters as well as communicate with their members and the public at large.
This first "Starter" session is just about getting participants on-line and working with the Council Website tools using Google sites, and it will last one hour. We also create a "hit list" of goals to explore each session for the next few weeks. After April 6, three sessions will be held on selected Saturday's 2:00 PM for a maximum of 90 minutes, with the exception on April 21st.
Scheduled dates are follows (subject to change)
- Saturday, April 6th - Starter Session, 2-3 PM
- Sunday, April 21st - First Session, 3-4:30 PM
- Saturday, May 4th - Second Session, 2-3:30 PM
- Saturday, June 1st - Final Session, 2-3:30 PM
Possible goals for the three-month series could include the following topics:
- How to build your own Chapter website for free using Google Sites.
- Use Blogging Tools for create article about your chapter.
- Creating a shared calendar for your Chapter events.
- Reviewing available Website hosting and Domain services.
- Using PayPal to collect funds from your members and the public.
- Using Services, like Eventbrite, to create on-line registration and tickets for your events.
This is only for active chapters and their members of the council is being led by Bobby Clark, NPHC-GG webmaster. This is series is free but you must list your Chapter affiliation and have a reference from your Chapter President, in order to be accepted in the training.
The class is limited to two (2) attendees per chapter. Participants also will need to have their own laptop and bring that laptop to use at all of the sessions. Laptops will need to be running recent versions of Windows or MacOS to get the most out of the sessions.
NPHC of Greater Greenville
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring to the session?
- Your Chapter affiliation and a reference from your Chapter President, in order to be accepted.
- The class is limited to two (2) attendees per chapter.
- Participants also will need to have their own laptop and bring that laptop to use at the sessions.
- Laptops will need to be running a recent version of Windows (Windows 7 is preferred) or MacOS (10.6 or higher) to get the most out of the sessions.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, bring a print copy of your registration from Eventbrite, along a reference from your Chapter President.
Do you have to attend the sessions in order to get the benefit of the training?
No, however the more sessions you can attend the better and there maybe be some sessions that are required depending on the Goal topic the class selects. Each session will have a registration requirement so the instructor can plan accordingly. For Instance, you are requirement to register on-line by April 5 at http://nphc-gg-internet.eventbrite.com.