posted Feb 25, 2014, 5:37 AM by Bobby Clark
updated Feb 25, 2014, 5:47 AM
Greenville, South Carolina - Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority's 2014 Youth Symposium will be held from 10:00am until 2:00 pm on the Barton Campus of Greenville Technical College here in Greenville, SC on March 8, 2014. This event is being sponsored by the Eta Sigma Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho and will provide a forum through which ΣΓΡ and the community worked together to aid in Healthy Living, Healthy Choices and Healthy Generations.
The Youth Symposium will provide a panel of speakers that encouraged our youth to strive in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. We also discussed healthy eating habits, healthy relationships, bullying and continuing education. These subjects can be exigent and as leaders within the community, we wanted to show our future youth that they too can master the skills that will lead to success!
Speakers scheduled to participate include:
- Engineer Patrick McDonald (member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity),
- Kateri Harper (Julie Valentine Center),
- Brooke Hindman (Assistant Professor of Psychology at Greenville Tech),
- Tonya N. Foster (Chemistry Teacher and member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.),
- Maya Carter (SWIM 1922, member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.),
- Tianna Randolph (Registered Nurse and member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.),
- Traci Fant (Community Activist and CEO of Think2xTwice.org)
and many others!